- Created by: samiyahhh
- Created on: 04-03-18 20:15
- Fifteenths and tenths
- Forced loans - English monarchs could demand financial contributions from their subjects. These "loans" were voluntary in theory, although refusal could mean imprisonment. The loans were often not repaid. Wolsey asked for two forced loans in 1522 and 1523.
- Clerical taxation - Taxation on the Church. This usually came in the form of a "voluntary gift". A one - off tax on the church was introduced in 1523.
- Church was incredibly rich.
- Crown lands - Land held directly by the king made income through rents and leases. Crown lands raised an estimated £25,000 in 1515.