- Created by: Sagastrong
- Created on: 11-01-21 20:06
- How MLK and the SCLC were able to highlight racial discrimination against Black Americans in the years 1957 to 1963
- MLK travelled across the country and around the world giving lectures on non-violent progress and civil rights
- Their movements highlighted the major areas of discrimination against black Americans in the souther states.
- MLK wrote 'A letter from Birmingham' Jail' to highlight his non violent civil rights credentials - this reached national media coverage,
- MLK highlighted the segregation and violence against young protestors at Birmingham, 1963
- They helped to publicise and expose racial inequality and force a reluctant federal government to act.
- When Birmingham, Alabama was publicised on television, they wete able to pressure the federal government into action to protect civil rights protestotrs and implement change.