- Milgram's variations.
- Original study: 26 out of 40 (65%) of participants continues to the end.
- 2 experimenters at 110V one tells the PP to stop and the other tells the PP to continue.
- All participants stop
- 3 teachers (2 confederates) one confederate stops at 150V and the other stops at 210V
- Only 10% of the PPs continued to the end.
- Experimenter's instructions are given by tape and the PP can speak to the experimenter by phone
- 9 of the 40 (22.5%) continued to the end
- Moving the victim closer until the PP held the victim's hand down to receive the shock.
- 12 of the 40 PPs obeyed (30%)
- Held in Research Associates of Bridgeport offices, in a fairly run down office building.
- 19 of the 40 participants obeyed (47.5%)
Similar Psychology resources: