- Created by: tia5sos
- Created on: 13-10-20 17:51
- metals also react with water
- the reaction of metals with water also show the reactivity of metals. this is the basic reaction:
- 1. very reactive metals like potassium, sodium, lithium and calcium will all react vigorously with water.
- 2. less reactive metals like magnesium, zinc and iron won't react much with cold water, but they will react with steam.
- you could show this in the lab using this experiment:
- 3. copper won't react with either water or steam.