- Created by: Laurenlauritzen
- Created on: 31-01-15 18:52
- Love songs in age
- Themes: Memory, illusion and reality, time and its passing, love, relationships, women, Everyday ordinary events.
- Stanza 1: Sheets of music been found, changed by time. Brings back memories.
- Not been well cared for, 'One marked' One mended' 'One bleached'
- 'So they waited'= intended to be found again. Personified.
- Truth waited to be discovered, Sinister, Threat.
- 'The covers pleased her'= justifying why she kept them. Reminds her of her youth.
- Overview: Old women, widowhood. Songs have a sentimental value.
- 'Sense of being young'= brings back memories of being young
- 'Spring woken'= fertility, new, new start, positive energy,
- 'Certainty'=had certainty in youth but not now. Endless possibilities.
- Last Stanza: Bitter sweet focus on love. Melancholy. Saying love doesn't solve problems, but didn't set out to be this way.
- Antagonistic views towards love.
- 'Still promising to solve and satisfy'= hasn't achieved. Love is saying that everything is good but is it?
- 'It had not done so then, and could not now'.= We buy into love, want to believe love songs, films but its mundane.
- Buy into the illusion, Everything is good amazing, wonderful.
- Letting go of ideas.
- Larkin saying maybe its our fault, expect to much from love, Starts certain goes to uncertainty.
Similar English Language & Literature resources: