- Created by: HarrietTammadge
- Created on: 14-11-18 17:19
- Loftus and Palmer (1974) Exp 2
- To see if Ps asked 'smashed' question were more likely to report broken glass one week on.
- Lab Experiment Independent Measures
- 150Ps, 3 groups of 50, volunteer sample
- Film shown, crash lasting 4s.
- Questionnaire 1 asked for a report and the speed estimate like Exp1.
- One group had 'smashed' another had 'hit' and the third wasnt asked for a speed estimate
- Week later they returned they had 10Qs about the accident and 'did you see any broken glass'
- Ps in smashed group gave higher speed estimates as in exp 1
- Smashed gave 16 Yes', hit gave 7 and control gave 6
- Questions asked after an event can cause reconstruction of memory
Similar Psychology resources: