- Created by: noahsam
- Created on: 02-03-17 09:03
- Limitations of Measuring Development
- Misleading when used on their own as they are averages
- Don't show up elite groups in the population eg GNI of Iran would suggest it is a developed country whereas in reality there are some very wealthy people but also a lot of poor people
- Shouldn't be used on their own because as a country develops some aspects develop before other so a country seems more developed that it actually is eg Cuba Would do really well if we measured doctors per 1000 as they have made that a priority but still has a lower income.
- Using more that one measure or HDI (life expectancy, literacy rate, education level and income per head) avoids these problems
Similar Geography resources: