- Lawn Tennis
- The modern game of tennis originated in Birmingma, England in th late 19th century as "lawn tennis"
- Duringmost of the 19th century, the term "tennis" referred to as real tennis, not lawn tennis
- The LTA (lawn tennis association) is the governing body of British Tennis
- It was first played somewhere between 1859 and 1865
- The rules of the game have changd very little since the 1890s. Two exeptions are that the server had to kep one foot on the ground and the adoption of the tie-break in the 1970s
- Tennis is enjoyed by millions of recreational players and is also a hugely popular worldwide spectator sport, especially the 4 grand slams
- It was played by the upper and lower class
- The difference between real tennis and lawn tennis is that real tennis uses walls around the court that you can hit off. Lawn tennis doesn't.