- Created by: niamhbutlerxxx
- Created on: 03-06-18 13:32
- Laboratory Experiments
- Key Features: control variables, experimental groups, control group and cause and effect.
- Practical issues: society is an open system where countless factors are at work. Indivudals are complex, studying the past is not possible, limited to small samples, hawnthorne effect possibility, expectancy effect.
- Ethical issues: Informed consent, and harm to subjects.
- Theoretical issues: Reliability and hypothesis testing, can control the conditions and specify the precise steps taken. Produces quantitiative data so can be easily compared if repeated and it is a very detached and objective method. Lack of representativeness because they only study small samples. Lack internal validity because of the artificiality of them.