- Created by: Hadley023
- Created on: 16-11-18 10:31
- Monitoring methods - CARBON CYCLE
- ESA albedo (reflectivity) images from various satellites.
- Measurement of reflectivity of Earth's surface and land use changes.
- How have these sinks changed through time?
- Removal of trees leads to a decrease of carbon sinks.
- Assume that there will be a flux of CO2 to the atmosphere.
- Atmospheric carbon dioxide
- NASA's Orbiting Carbon Observatory (OCO-2). Ground based measurement at Mauna Loa, 1958.
- New satellite measurement of global atmospheric CO2 from NASA.
- Satellite also measures the effectiveness of absorption of CO2 by plants.
- Indicator of GHGs in the atmosphere. Feed data into climate models and predictions.
- Primary productivity in the oceans
- NASA's MODIS/AQUA
- Measures net primary production in oceans on land.
- Biological pump. Understood the health of the oceans. Indicates ocean acidification.
Similar Geography resources: