- Kirchhoff's laws
- 1st law: Sum of the currents entering any point is equal to the sum of the currents leaving the same point.
- 2nd law: E=IR1+ IR2 Sum of the EMF's around any loop equals to the sum of the pd's around the loop.
- Energy gained per coulomb=Energy lost per coulomb
- Resistors in series= R1+ R2
- Resistors in parallel:1/R: 1/R1+1/R2
- When components are connected in parallel: All have same PD, current is shared.
- Ammeters are always connected in series in a circuit.They have a low resistance.
- Voltmeters are connected in parallel. They have a high resistance