- Created by: keisha_
- Created on: 14-01-15 11:07
- Key Profile: Dr Hjalmar Schacht.
- Was a brilliant but very arrogant financier.
- he became president of Germany's national bank in 1923, the year when hyperinflation increased and the German currency collapsed.
- He gained a huge reputation for being the man that saved Germany by introducing a new currency, the retenmark.
- Restored stability to the German financial system.
- Remained at Germany's national bank until 1929.
- He joined the Nazi Party in 1931 and played a key role in the running of the economy of the Third Reich from 1933 until 1937.