- Key Facts - Acids, Bases and Buffers
- An acid is a proton donator
- A base is a proton acceptor
- A buffer keeps the pH constant even when you add small amounts of acid or alkali
- ALWAYS work in moles with buffers by using ......................
- When dealing with questions concerning pH curves start with what the new substance is being added to! They try to trick you with the way they word it!
- When concerning buffers, DO NOT but back into concentrations uses n =cv with week acids (Ka's)
- Use whole equations for Ka with buffers
- Remember with buffers that the moles of the salt = the moles of the base