- Created by: Gingergirl967
- Created on: 22-05-18 11:41
- Key points on the importance of the line of David.
- The the Lord 'swore' this promise to David that his seed would rule the earth.
- The fruit of David's body was referring to his seed, which was Jesus Christ.
- David's 'branch' refers to his offspring and is the Hebrew word 'tsamech'
- God's promise is the Old Testament was always that he would one day bless all nations through one man who would be of the family of King David.
- Matthew's genealogy traces the lineage of Christ back to King David.
- The Bible reveals that this offspring of David would be a 'great king' he would 'live forever' and establish a kingdom 'that would never end.'
- 'The LORD our righteousness' in Hebrew is 'Yahweh' Tsidkenu
- 2 Samuel 7, reveals that through David's family would come a line of Kings, culminating in One 'Eternal King' whose kingdom would never pass way.
- The King referred to in Jereminah 23 is Jesus, He is to reign, and prosper, execute judgement and righteousness Judah (The Jews) will be saved and Israel will have peace.
Similar Religious Studies resources: