- Key Buddhist Teachings
- Charity and Compassion are central.
- Karma- If you do good things, then good things will happen to you. If you do bad things, then bad things will happen to you.
- Interconnectedness of all living things (all living things are dependent on each other for existence)
- The first precept: To refrain from harming living things
- The fifth precept: To refrain from taking intoxicating substances e.g. drugs or alcohol
- The cycle of birth, life, death, rebirth. Buddhists do not believe that you have a soul so it is best not to talk of reincarnation, but they do believe a "life force" continues. The goal of Buddhists is to leave this cycle to reach Nirvana