- Kantian Ethics- Business Ethics (evaluation)
- Kant's approach is clear cut, but rather impractical in the cut and thrust of today's business world.
- Kant does not resolve clashing duties, such as the duty to the shareholders to make a profit and the duty to the employees to treat them well(e.g. Primark).
- As this clash of duties involves many factors in a business situation as there are many stakeholders, Ross' Prima Facie duties might be a better approach as the right duty can be focused on according to the situation at the time.
- Kant's example of the shopkeeper does show the importance of placing people before profit and how this will enable a business to prosper. (e.g. Primark today)