- John Polkinghorne - God is the total explanation for the universe, like a conductor conducts his orchestra
- Support the anthropic principle - only reasonable explanation for the existence of carbon based life forms with intelligence that have the ability to rationally observe the universe we live in
- Believed that the universe is not fixed and that God is continually interacting with his creation - through processes like evolution
- The very existence and nature of the physical universe is testimony to it's creator.
- God is the 'total explanation' of the universe