- Jesus in Gethsemane (14:32-52)
- Just before Jesus' arrest
- Jesus told Peter, James and John to keep watch whilst he prays. Jesus prayed to God and asked him to take his cup of suffering. He returned to the apostles and found them asleep. He woke them and went back to praying. When he returned again they were asleep. Jesus spoke to Judas. This is when Judas got Jesus arrested.
- 'Father, my father. All things are possible for you. Take this cup of suffering away from me. Yet not what I want but what you want.'
- Jesus, Peter, James and John
- Jesus shows his humanity. Shows apostles lack of belief in Jesus. Arrest teaches us that Jesus is peaceful.
Similar Religious Studies resources: