- Created by: hana
- Created on: 26-12-12 12:47
- ionic bonding
- ionic compounds are formed when ions either lose electrons to become positively charged ions or gain electrons to become negatively charged ions.
- ions achieve a full outer shell, with the electronic structure of a noble gas(group 0)
- ionic bonds are strong forces of attraction between oppositely charged ions.
- ionic compounds are solids at room temperature.
- metal -- positive ions non-metals -- negative ions.
- ionic substances in aqueous solution can be extracted because the ions are free to move in water