- Refers to the presence of a stimulus to keep the mind active and alert, thus preventing boredom and often depression caused by having nothing interesting to do.
- Helps people find life interesting and feel motivated and challenged.
- Engaging in activities
- This means having something to do, being occupied.
- Certain activities provide individuals with a sense of well-being and make them feel worthwhile.
- Some activities also provide opportunities for social interaction or developing physical fitness.