- Infrared radiation - emission of electromagnetic waves
- All objects are contunually emitting and absorbing infrared radiation. Infrared radiation is emitted from the surface of an object.
- An object thats hotter that its surroundings emits more radiation than it absorbs(as it cools down). And and object thats cooler that its surroundings absorbs more radiation than it emits(as it warms up)
- The hotter an object is, the more radiation it radiates in a given time.
- You can feel this infrared radiation if you stand near something hot like a fire or if you put your hand just above the bonnet of a recently parked car.