- Inequalities between adults and children
- There are major inequalities between children and adults
- March of progress sociologists argue that adults use this power for the benefit and protection of children, for example, by passing laws against child labour.
- Firestone and Holt (1974): Many of the things that march of progress writers see positively as care and protection are in fact just new forms of oppression and control.
- "Protection," from paid work is not a benefit to children but a form of inequality. It is a way of forcibly segregating children, making them more dependent, powerless and subject to adult control than previously.
- Child liberationism: The need to free children entirely from adult control.