- Industrial scale fermenters
- pH- Changes in pH can effect enzyme activity and slow growth
- The timing of nutrient addition can be manipulated according to whether you are producing primary or secondary metabolites.
- Oxygen concentration- Most of these processes require aerobic conditions. A lack of oxygen will lead to unwanted products of anaerobic respiration
- Growing conditions depend on the type of microorganism and whether the aim is to produce primary or secondary metabolites
- Temperature- Too high and enzymes will be denatured. Too low and enzyme activity and growth will be reduced/slowed.
Similar Biology resources: