- Impact Forces
- When a force acts on an object that is able to move, or is moving, its momentum changes.
- The longer the time taken for the change in momentum, the smaller the force that acts on it.
- In a collision, the momentum of an object changes as a result of a force acting on the object.
- force= change in momentum / time
- F= p/t
- Crumple zones in cars are designed to fold in a collision. - increases impact time - force smaller - less risk.
- Sear belts reduce force of impact - increase time - momentum changes - smaller force.