- "Ideals are an illusion; we can only experience what is real." Discuss. (10)
- Ideals = forms. Exist in a separate realm. Pure knowledge and not dependent on opinion.
- Everything is only an illusion. Something only techincally exists when you can see it. All in the mind, how can you determine which is real and which isn't.
- Does Plato's World of Ideals really exist or is it something only Philosophers can access?
- Aristotle: do his ideas prove Plato has no evidence.
- Plato stated that the material world was still real, the world of ideals was just more real.
- Form of Beauty.
- We can only experience the real world, mind is the ultimate reality not the physical as something only exists when you're looking at it.
Similar Philosophy resources: