- How Does Globalisation Help Development
- In 1996-7 growth rates of almost 78% have been claimed
- While the growth of India's economy has now slowed, it's economy is still expanding
- In 2007, India was set to become the world's third largest economy overtaking Japan
- India will be expecting s permanent seat on the Security Council of the United Nations when it is reformed
- India's low labour costs and its huge English-speaking workforce combined with the encouragement for MNC'S have made it popular with them for everything from manufacturing to call centres
- The success of high-tech industries in India resulted in the return of large numbers of skilled Indians who had moved overseas for work often described as 'brain gain'.