- Horror: Gender
- The final girl
- Sarah is firstly represented as a maternal figure
- High angle shot reflects her vulnerability as well as the shots of her taking pills
- Re-birth scene: Sarah struggles through the womblike tunnel to emerge reborn
- Jenny (ED) begins passive and ends up being capable of violence
- Both become primitive and monstrous femiine
- Blood soaked images, resourcefulness of constructing their own weapons rather than relying on modern technology.
- Jenny’s boyfriend who is initially macho in his behaviour but is then rendered impotent/inactive.
- Juno (D) - butch femme
Similar Film Studies resources: