- Created by: katiemwalsh
- Created on: 06-11-18 18:49
- His theory of the four humours, (black bile, yellow bile, blood and phlegm). these were all in the body and had to be in balance for good health.
- Many doctors followed his ideas because the church supported him.
- He started bloodletting or 'purging' to attempt to get the humours back in balance.
- His collection of books was used to train doctors for hundreds of years.
- Doctors today still have to take the Hippocratic oath to ensure professionally.