- Helen Joseph
- She also marched on Pretoria with 20,000 other women.
- The treatment of such peaceful protest highlighted the injustice of the system.
- Helped form the federation of South African women.
- She narrowly escaped death more that once, surviving bullets through her bedroom, and a bomb wired to her front gate.
- She was put on trial at the Treason Trial after which she was banned in 1957.
- She demonstrated the power of white support, women and the international community.
- Organisations and Positions.
- What did she do that was significant?
Similar History resources: