- Health and Safety
- Ergonomics - The science of designing equipment to reduce the user's tiredness, discomfort and injury.
- Repetitive Strain Injury - Causes stiffness, pain and numbness. (Joints of the arm, wrist or hand.)
- Back Pain - Sitting incorrectly for a long time.
- Eye Strain - Staring at the screen for too long.
- Stress - Feeling of not being able to cope.
- Breaks - People working at a computer must have frequent breaks.
- Training - Employers need to train their staff on how to use work stations correctly, to help prevent injury.
- Eye Care - Employers have to pay for regular eye-sight tests.
- Keyboards can have more bacteria than a toilet seat!
Similar ICT resources: