- Haiti Earthquake
- The Earthquake was caused by the North American plate sliding past the Caribbean plate.
- The epicentre was 16 miles West of Port-au-Prince and a shallow focus of 5 miles.
- 316,000 people killed
- 1,000,000 made homeless
- 50+ Hospitals, 1,300+ schools and the airport's control tower were badly damaged
- The main prison was destroyed and 4,000 inmates escaped
- Key Facts
- Location: Haiti is a small island located in the caribbean
- Magnitude: 7
- The Earthquake struck on the 12th of January 2010
- Responses LT: Long term ST: Short term
- ST: $100 million in aid given by the USA and $330 million by the European Union
- 115,000 tents and 1,000,000+ tarpaulin shelters provided
Similar Geography resources: