- Created by: Chriszam
- Created on: 31-05-17 12:20
- Historical Determinants of the UK
- The sociological history and are older than the USA and Australia e.g. the development of the nation started thousands of years ago
- There was no frontier spirit but instead there was a policy of aggressive expansion overseas which created an empire
- Sport helped to establish UK traditions in the Empire and in turn the Empire influenced the development of sport in the world.
- Cricket was played across the entire British Empire.
- The values of the game reflected the British class system and English Values
- The greatest developmental influence on UK sport came from the reformed English Public school system
- Public schools established the views that taking part is more important than winning it was associated with the 'Gentleman Amateur' sportsman
- The combination of good sportsman ship and moral integrity with effort became the main aim in sport
- Commercialism was adopted in the case study sports in the late 20th Century
Similar Physical Education resources: