- Created by: aliceoliviaaa
- Created on: 08-05-18 11:10
- Growing resource demands
- For the timber and for the land they occupy.
- Land is cultivated for livestock feeding or cash crops.
- There is however, reforestation and afforestation occurring in NORTH AMERICA and CHINA.
- GRASSLAND CONVERSION
- temperate and tropical grasslands have become the subject of over exploitation.
- ploughing leads to loss of moisture, increase of CO2 and a change in runoff characteristics.
- Land-use conversion resulting from need of more space for towns and housing and farming.
- due to a rapidly-growing population
- this is the MOST DISRUPTIVE form of development on the carbon and water cycles.
- Towns and cities as FOCAL POINTS of GHG emissions.
Similar Geography resources: