- Created by: tia5sos
- Created on: 13-10-20 17:16
- group 0 elements are all inert, colourless gases
- group 0 elements are called the noble gases. Group 0 is made up of the elements helium, neon, argon, krypton, xenon and radon.
- 1. all of the elements in group 0 are colorless gases at room temperature.
- 2. the noble gases are all monatomic - that just means that their gases are made up of single atoms (not molecules).
- 3. they're also more or less inert - this means they don't react with much at all. The reason for this is that they have a full outer shell of electrons. This means they don't easily either give up or gain electrons.
- 4. as the noble gases are inert, they're non-flammable - they won' set on fire.
- 5. these properties make the gases pretty hard to observe - it took a long time for them to be discovered.