- Created by: gsoning
- Created on: 20-05-19 11:21
- Greek Theatre Scholar
- Hall-Purpose Of Tragedy: 'the plot should be constructed that even anyone hearing of the incidents happening thrills with fear and pity as a result of what occurs'
- Knox-Tragic hero: 'A tragic hero is someone whose downfall is routed in their personal nature (physis), which they stay true to until the point of destruction'
- Rutherford-Fate: 'The character's failures indicate their moral, the inability of human beings to understand the divine plan'
- Hall-context: 'The greek mind was trained to think in polarities; to categorise, distinguish and oppose.