- Created by: GeorgeB16
- Created on: 09-02-17 16:32
- "God - A Brief History" Bowker
- Universal salvation is Jesus' purpose.
- Jesus is the fulfilment of Old Testament prophesies, showing God's plan of salvation.
- Jesus "fully God yet fully Man". The Trinity.
- God actively seeks and gets involved in humanity through Jesus.
- The Nicene Creed confirms Jesus' divinity.
- Links to Unit 3
- Kingdom of God - God actively seeks sinners through the Parables.
- Purpose of Luke's Gospel - Salvation emphasis
- Jesus' conflicts such as the fulfilment of Old Testament prophesies like the Triumphal Entry.
- Significance of Jesus' death and resurrection. Plan of Salvation.
- Links to Other Units
- Persecution in the Roman world because they believed in the Gospel.
- Situation Ethics: Agape Love through Jesus' symbolic sacrifice to fulfil God's Plan of Salvation.
- Links to Religion and Human Experience
- Knowing God and salvation is available to all will increase conversion for Christianity.
- Jesus' death and resurrection serves as humanity's rescue from sin, death and Hell. It puts right the consequence of The Fall.
- We can know God first hand through the Holy Spirit which increases awareness of God.
- The Church has a responsibility to tell people so they can be saved, which could cause conflict amongst those who choose not to believe.
- Showing Jesus is the Son of God proves he is the Messiah which confirms Christians' faiths.
Similar Religious Studies resources: