- Facts About Geography and The Population.
- There are billions of people in the world
- Every second 5 people are born and 2 people die, a net gain of 3 people. At this rate, the world population will double every 40 years and would be 12 billion in 40 years, 24 billion in 80 years, and more than 48 billion in 120 years.
- At the beginning of the second millennium (1000 AD) the world population was 400 million.
- The Birth rate is when babies are born per thousand people per year
- There are two things affect the population, the birth and death rate
- The Death rate is the amount of people that die per thousand people per year.