- Created by: Amy
- Created on: 27-03-15 10:25
- Gender Patterns in Crime statistics
- 4 out of 5 convicted offenders in England and Wales are male
- By the age of 40, 9% of females had a criminal conviction, as against 32% of males.
- A higer proportion of female than male offenders are convicted of property offences. A higher proportion of male than female offenders are convicted of violence or sexual offences
- Males are more likely than females to be repeat offenders, to have longer criminal careers and to commit more serious crimes.