- 80% of crime in the UK is committed by me
- SOCIAL CONTROL: Parsons- argues girls are socialised with non violent values, Girls use their mothers are role models and therefore copy them
- Deprivation- A background of poverty meaning they are likely to commit crime.
- Police racism- Ethnic minorities are more likely to be stopped especially after 1970's mugging (Hall). Home office statistics say 7/10 stopped are ethnic minorities = institutionally racist
- STATUS FRUSTRATION: Cohen- when working class men can't act on their ambitions they act out. crime gives them status and attention
- FOCAL CONCERNS: Miller- trouble, Traditional masculinity, smartness, excitement and fate
Similar Sociology resources: