- Created by: katiemwalsh
- Created on: 06-11-18 18:41
- His ideas dominated medical training until the 1800s
- Built on the theory of the four humours.
- To prove his theory of the anatomy of the human body, Galen dissected animals, which led to incorrect theories including that humans have two jaw bones.
- The church banned human dissection so he could only dissect animals.
- The church also banned people from questioning Galen's work.
- The church liked his work because it supported the theory that God created humans.