- Forces and Energy
- Moving objects reach a terminal velocity (op speed) when drag forces matches driving forces
- Momentum is mass x velocity. It is conserved when objects collide or explode apart if no external forces act
- A force transfers energy when it does some work on a n object
- Objects gain gravitational potential energy if they are lifted up. Moving objects have kinetic energy. Stretched or squashed elastic objects store elastic energy
- The stopping distance of a vehicle is thinking distance plus braking distance
- A resultant force shows the combined effect of several forces. It makes an object accelerate (change speed or direction)
- The speed of an object can be found using a distance time graph. The acceleration and distance traveled can be found using a velocity time graph.