- Food on the Seder Plate
- A bowl of salt water represents the tears of the Jews.
- A shank bone is in rememberance of the lamb that had to be sacrificed to prevent the Jews from being affected by the Angel of death.
- The egg represents a new life.
- Horseradish shows the bitterness of slavery.
- Charoset is sweet. It is a symbol of Joy and Happiness of being freed from slavery.
- Parsley is a symbol of the herbs used to mark the doors of the Jews.
- Lettuce represents the poor diet that the Jews had to eat.