- Created by: Sanjana10
- Created on: 04-08-18 16:52
- Food Security Threats
- Natural threats - floods, frost, hailstorms and drought.
- Diseases - in plants or animals or a rapid increase in insects (e.g. locusts)
- People's activities - overfishing or overgrazing
- Overpopulation - increasing the need for food and land to produce food
- Poverty - people cannot afford to buy food or a variety of foods.
- Climate change - which can affect where, what and the quantity of crops and livestock that can be farmed.
- Sea temperatures can determine the survival of the world's remaining fish stocks.
- Crop/Staple food for a region
- The food security of the region.
- The prices of food in the region
- Jobs and income related to the production and sale of food products therefore lowering people's income and perhaps affecting their ability to buy healthy food.
Similar Geography resources: