- Flow charts - project planning using symbols
- A flow chart is a simple diagram that shows the order in which things happen. it works for things like simple school projects up to a complex manufacturing process
- There are standard symbols used, so once you know the basics you'll be able to read and understand any flow chart. all shapes are linked with simple arrows, which guide the reader through the chart.
- There are often small parts of a project that have their own flow charts to avoid any too complex charts.
- A summary chart can be used to give an overview of the whole project
- Splits or loops in a flow chart are important when questions need to be asked.
- If you're including a question, think about all the possible answers, and where these will lead you on the flow chart.