- Fireside Chats
- Roosevelt told the American people 'the only thing we have to fear is fear itself'
- Greatest primary task was to put people to work
- Fireside chats = Radio broadcasts to American people
- Roosevelt spoke in a simple and friendly way and gained support from Americans who weren't used to this kind of approach
- Important to gain public confidence because of banking crisis which had to be solved before anything wlse could be achieved
- Brought prohibition to an end
- Showed a change of direction in government