- Factors that affect demand
- Higher income means higher disposable incomes and therefore higher demand.
- Taste and Fashion
- Changes in fashion will affect the demand of certain clothes.
- Price of other goods
- If the price of substitute goods fall then customers may switch
- Endorsements, sponsorship and promotions.
- No demand for hats, gloves and scarves in the summer.
- Government intervention
- The may influence the demand through taxes and legislation e.g. the smoking ban lowered the demand for pub alcohol.
Similar Business Studies resources: