- Created by: Nicola
- Created on: 25-05-13 15:45
- Explaining secularisation
- Believed that industrialisation and urbanisation would result in social fragmentation leading to individualism.
- He maintained that all societies need a sacred element in order to survive.
- The death of religion was inevitable , industrialisation had produced capitalism.
- As society is more rational , religion would gradually be eroded and agreed with Marx.
- The Church is no longer closely related to the state. The church used to have many social responsibilities e.g. education.
Similar Sociology resources: