- Evaluation of the psychodynamic approach
- Lead to childlike characteristics . Adolescence is the main period in which AN develops, fear of developing an adult body.
- Gender bias: Applies to women. unscientific and not falsifiable , doesn't explain why older people suffer form AN.
- Practical application - Psychodynamic therapy can be successful. Encourages you to think about how early childhood experiences may have affected you.
- Time consuming, expensive and treats causes not the symptoms, there's always a risk of abuse as therapist is in charge.
- AO3- Gender bias- More women than men, Eurocentric, deterministic- External force fear of growing up no free will.
- Parsimonious- Only focuses on the individual factor not the whole picture , nature- internal ID and ego. Nurture - Parenting.