- Created by: aliceoliviaaa
- Created on: 13-04-18 18:27
- Ethical and environmental concerns of globalisation.
- Consumer goods have been made using exploited labour.
- imported products such as coffee, bananas, tea and cocoa may not provide farmers with good income they deserve.
- consumer goods use excessive resources such as packaging and transport.
- Jeans (bought in UK, made in BANGLADESH)
- growing cotton uses over 13,000 litres of water.
- fertilisers, dyes and pesticides leak into rivers and water supplies.
- cotton farmers in AFRICA live on less than £1 per day.
- 3.5 million workers earn less than £25 a month.
- Localism - buying local products.
- Fair Trade - farmers get a guaranteed wage and a fair trade premium. extra support also goes to schools and wells for water.
- Recycling - local UK councils reduce waste and ecological footprints. the increase saw a 17-44% rise from 2003 to 2013. GERMANY however reached 65%.
- Ethical consumption schemes.
Similar Geography resources: