- Eric Birling
- His addiction to alcohol makes him an unstable, weaker character and as he drinks that could be the cause of what lead him to having a one night stand with Eva Smith.
- he has a social awakening as Priestly creates an impression towards to the younger generation.
- He is concerned about the welfare of Eva Smith and his baby.
- He seems embarrassed and awkward from the very beginning, highlighting that he's got flaws as he's hiding something.
- He sees his parents in a new light and his appalled by his parents inability to admit their responsibility. 'i'm ashamed of you'.
- Eric ' guffaws' suggesting that he knows about Gerald's affair, he doesn't tell Sheila as he has secrets to hide.